DARK CIRCLES TREATMENT
Periorbital pigmentation in common words is known as under eye dark circles. It is a very common problem nowadays. The condition involves the formation of light-to-dark coloured brownish black spots around the eyelids. It gives a tired look at a person and can affect his/her confidence. If You are also Having this Skin Condition, You can Consult the Best Dermatologist in Chandigarh, Dr. Jagatjit Singh Kohli for Dark Circles Treatment in Chandigarh
Causes of Dark Circles
- Family History- The problem of periorbital pigmentation is considered to have a genetic basis. Many people have pigmentation around the periorbital area in several members of the family. The pigmentation starts early in childhood and gradually increases with age.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation- A person suffering from frequent allergies may rub and scratch the skin around the eye which can cause pigmentation in that area.
- Tear through deformity- The depressed area below the eyelid becomes prominent with age and gives the impression of under eye circles.
- Lack of proper sleep is one of the major causes of the development of under eye circles. Apart from that, stress, alcohol overuse and smoking also contribute to the problem.
- Ultraviolent (UV) rays from the sun can aggravate under eye circles.
- Regular and continuous use of spectacles or contact lenses can cause exhaustion of periorbital muscles, leading to the development of under eye circles.
- Anaemia or lack of haemoglobin- When enough oxygen doesn’t reach the periorbital tissues, it can make the periorbital region look comparatively darker.
- Use of several drugs like oral contraceptives, hormone-replacement therapy can lead to periorbital hyperpigmentation.
- Several medical problems also aggravate the dark circles like disorders of heart, thyroid, kidney or liver, vitamin K deficiency and Addison’s disease.
Dark Circles Treatment in Chandigarh
Being such a prominent issue, curing dark circles is the mainstay. There are a number of Dark Circles Treatment in Chandigarh available which can help you to get rid of your dark circles. These treatments include-
- Topical Therapies: Using creams containing hydroquinone, kojic acid, azelaic acid, topical retinoic acid along with sunscreen can help you in reducing your pigmentation.
- Chemical Peels: Lactic acid, glycolic acid, retinol peels, arginine-based peels can be used to reduce the pigmentation.
- Lasers: Q-switched lasers with nanosecond pulse technology are ideal for selectively treating melanosomes leading to a decrease in melanin content of the skin, thereby reducing pigmentation.
- Fillers: Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers can be used to correct under eye hollows.
- Radiofrequency tightening: The given treatment can be used in treating puffiness and the appearance of eye bags.
- Fat grafting: Fat transfer is a good means to achieve facial rejuvenation.
- Platelet-rich plasma: In PRP, your own blood is taken from which the plasma is separated using a special machine. The plasma so collected contains various growth factors and proteins which provide nutrition to the skin. It is injected back into the skin. This puts the skin in a healing mode, leading to the rejuvenation of skin around the eyes.
How to prevent dark circles?
Lack of sleep or disturbed sleep is an important reason behind dark circles. You may also want to consider sleeping with an extra pillow when your eyes are puffy. Raising your head will make the fluid move away from your lids and help to reduce puffiness.
Use broad-spectrum sunscreen
If your under-eye area looks brownish, it may be due to pigmentation. The skin around the eyes is sensitive and can develop sun damage. Sun exposure increases crow’s feet and dark circles by causing UV damage.
You can prevent this by wearing sunscreen around your eyes daily. Also, invest in sunglasses that have 100 percent UV protection or UV 400 protection to block the sun’s UV rays.
Discard expired makeup
Many women use concealers to cover up under eye dark circles. Using an old or expired product can irritate your skin and worsen the problem. Discard any eye makeup that causes dryness or irritation on the eyelids. Also, discard any eye makeup that you opened more than 6 months ago.
Don’t rub your eyes
Itching, rubbing or scratching your eyes can lead to dark circles under eyes. Itchy eyelids could be a sign of ‘Atopy’ or ‘Seborrheic Dermatitis’. Moisturize your eyelids well and avoid all eye makeup till the rash persists.
At Agelock Skin clinic, we use a multitude of Dark Circles Treatment modalities depending upon the needs of a person. Multiple sessions may be conducted in order to attain the desired results