Contact Dermatitis

Contact Dermatitis

What is Contact Dermatitis ?

Contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes red, sore, or inflamed after directcontact with a substance. There are two kinds of contact dermatitis: irritant or allergic.

Causes

Irritant dermatitis is the most common type. Its caused by contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, fabric softeners, solvents, or other chemicals. The reaction usually looks like a burn.

Other irritants may include:

  • Cement
  • Hair dyes
  • Long-term exposure to wet diapers
  • Pesticides or weed killers
  • Rubber gloves
  • Shampoos

 

Allergic contact dermatitis is caused by exposure to a substance or material to which you have become extra sensitive or allergic.

Common allergens include:

  • Adhesives, including those used for false eyelashes or toupees
  • Antibiotics such as neomycin rubbed on the surface of the skin
  • Balsam of Peru (used in many personal products and cosmetics, as well as in many foods and drinks)
  • Fabrics and clothing
  • Fragrances in perfumes, cosmetics, soaps, and moisturizers
  • Nail polish, hair dyes, and permanent wave solutions
  • Nickel or other metals (found in jewelry, watch straps, metal zips, bra hooks, buttons, pocketknives, lipstick holders, and powder compacts)
  • Poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, and other plants
  • Rubber or latex gloves or shoes

Although you may not have a reaction to a substance when you are first exposed to it, regular use can eventually cause sensitivity and a reaction to the product.

So If you are Suffering from it. You can visit our clinic to get it treated by the Experts

Call for Consultation !