VIRTUAL CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE
Everyone dreams of a spotless, flawless complexion which is hidden under the surface of outer layer of our skin. Outer epidermal layer protects the inner dermal layer from external damage caused by sun, pollution, microbes in the environment etc. this makes our skin dull, hyper-pigmented, acne prone etc. by forming a dead skin cells layer. Don’t worry, we offer the best solution of Chemical Peels to your problem
What is Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a form of exfoliation that uses a chemical solution to remove dead skin cells from the top layer of skin to improve the skin’s color, clarity, tone and texture
How Do Chemical Peels Work?
Chemical peel works on three basic principals’ i.e. Exfoliation, Removal of skin imperfections, Regeneration In this process, chemical peels are applied directly to the skin which destroys the outer layer of the skin through chemical activities. However, a controlled destruction of epidermis is there so as to avoid excessive damage to skin. Destruction of epidermis leads to the exfoliation and removal of superficial lesions on the skin followed by the regeneration of new epidermal & dermal tissues
Types of Chemical Peels Treatment
- Light chemical peel. A light (superficial) chemical peel removes the outer layer of skin (epidermis). It can be used to treat fine wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone and dryness. You might have a light chemical peel as often as every two to five weeks — depending on your desired results.
- Medium chemical peel. This type of chemical peel removes skin cells from the epidermis and from portions of the upper part of your middle layer of skin (dermis). A medium chemical peel can treat wrinkles, acne scars and uneven skin tone. You might repeat a medium chemical peel after three to nine months to maintain results.
- Deep chemical peel. A deep chemical peel removes skin cells from the epidermis and from portions of the mid to lower layer of your dermis. Your doctor might recommend a deep chemical peel if you have deeper wrinkles, scars or precancerous growths. A deep chemical peel can only be performed once.
What can be treated with Chemical Peels?
- Skin lesions: Acne Vulgaris, Rosacea in remission
- Acne Complications: Hyper-pigmentation, Athropic scars & Enlarged skin pores
- Skin Hyper-pigmentation: On Hormonal basis, connected to age or caused by sun radiation
- Wrinkles: Solar origin as well as mimic & those connected to age
- Others: Melasma, Freckles, Lentigines, Facial Melanoses, Periorbital hyper-pigmentation
Is a Chemical Peel Safe?
- Yes, it is. When performed correctly by a certified, experienced Medical Aesthetician, such as our dermatologist at Agelock Skin Clinic, a chemical peel is both safe and effective.