Acne Treatment in Chandigarh
Medically known as ‘Acne vulgaris’ common acne is a condition in which blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, or cysts appear on the skin. Although, acne is widely regarded as a problem in teenagers. And while it most commonly affects teenagers, the truth is that acne often lasts until adulthood. It happens when your skin pores get clogged with dead skin, oil, or bacteria. Acne occurs mostly on the face, but it can also be triggered on other parts of the body like the neck, shoulders, upper back, and chest & For the Best Acne Treatment in Chandigarh, Visit Agelock Skin Clinic in Chandigarh
Since acne affects the appearance of the face, it causes emotional distress among teenagers. To prevent the persistence of acne and acne scars, it should be treated properly.
If you are looking for a skin specialist for the best acne treatment in Chandigarh, Agelock Skin Clinic is the right place for you. Contact us to get the best advice and treatment for all your acne problems.
What are the Causes of Acne?
Acne occurs when sebaceous (oil) glands attached to the hair follicles are stimulated to produce more sebum than required. Sebum is a natural oil that lubricates the skin and hair. Excess sebum is produced when the body starts to mature at the time of puberty or due to other hormonal changes. Because of the increased oil production and too many dead skin cells, the pores get clogged. If bacteria settle in the pores they can multiply that can lead to swelling and redness resulting in acne. Acne appears on the skin as:
Whitehead appears on the skin when a pore is clogged and it closes. This causes a tiny bump as the skin enlarges and more sebum is produced.
When a pore remains open, it is exposed to dirt which gets trapped in the pore. The top darkens up, leading to the appearance of a blackhead.
When a pore opens, sometimes bacteria and dead skin cells get under the skin. This leads to a small red bump called a pimple.
Cysts are infected bumps that occur due to clogged pores that open very deep into the skin. These are larger than pimples and can be painful.
When to start treatment ?
Almost everyone gets acne at some point in time. Most of the time acne goes away if the skin is properly cared for. However, if your acne starts to bother you or if you detect any scarring on your face, it might be the time to see a dermatologist
A doctor can treat acne with prescription drugs. Depending on the person’s acne, this could mean using prescription creams that prevent pimples from erupting, taking antibiotics to kill the bacteria that contribute to the formation of pimples, or for severe acne, taking stronger medications like isotretinoin, or even minor surgery performed. Some girls find birth control pills to help get rid of their acne.
How does Agelock Skin Clinic treat Acne?
There are different types of treatments provided by Agelock Skin Clinic for acne treatment. Our Expert dermatologist, Dr. Jagatjit Singh Kohli strives to provide you the best Acne Treatment in Chandigarh for your acne problems. The treatment we recommend depends on your age, the type and severity of your acne, and what you are willing to commit to.
Topical antibiotics and antibacterial
- Topical treatments include medications that are externally applied. If you have mild acne, topical medications might be the right choice for you. These include:
- Resorcinol is used to break down blackheads and whiteheads.
- Salicylic Acid reduces inflammation and swelling by breaking down blackheads and whiteheads
- Azelaic Acid limits the bacterial growth and stops sebum breakouts
- Benzoyl Peroxide slows down sebum production, kills bacteria, speeds up skin regeneration.
- Retin helps to unclog and cleanse pores.
- Oral medications are used to treat moderate to severe acne problems. A gel or cream may be prescribed along with medication depending on your diagnosis.
- Oral antibiotics are generally prescribed for up to 6 months for depending upon the severity of the acne. Antibiotics can reduce the growth of bacteria and treat inflammation. Commonly prescribed antibiotics for acne are erythromycin and tetracycline.
- Oral contraceptives are effective in treating acne in women. These pills suppress the overactive glands and hence reduce acne.
- Isotretinoin is an oral retinoid and is usually used to treat severe acne or cysts.
- Lasers are used for the treatment of acne with special lights and devices. This treatment is safe and can be very effective. Currently, laser acne treatment is best seen as an addition to conventional therapy, rather than a replacement.
- Chemical peel includes applying superficial peels (glycolic, lactic, alpha, and beta hydroxy) to the face for a certain amount of time. The peel penetrates the uppermost layer of the skin, causing it to peel off and treating acne and sun damage.
Agelock Skin Clinic is your solution for the most effective Acne Treatment in Chandigarh. You can consult our skin specialist, Dr. Jagatjit Singh Kohli to choose the most appropriate treatment or combination of treatments for you.